The Swedish Association of Designers
The Swedish Association of Designers (Sveriges designer) is a trade organization for professional designers based in Sweden. Members of our organization are skilled designers in one or more of the following areas: Fashion Design, Furniture Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interactive Design, Product Design, Textile Design, Web design. If you encounter someone with the title mSd (member Sveriges designer) s/he is one of Swedens best designers. The Swedish Association of Designers is member of Beda and Icsid.
What we do
- Preach the value of design among the media, the business community, public agencies and the general public.
- Promote high standards of design and design management.
- Provide members with a professional code of conduct – emphasizing the designer’s responsibility to society, to the client and to each other.
- Nurture young design talents through coaching and mentorship.
- Provide a platform for individual members to express their views.
- Keep the design profession informed about new developments in the sector.
- Support our members in practical matters toward their clients.
Design as a good investment
Our ambition is to teach Swedish industry to develop products that will give them a competitive advantage and initiate better education and research.
- Help educate clients so that they understand the full potential of the designer’s contribution.
- Get businesses to discover and use design as a catalyst for innovation and growth.
- Motivate politicians so that they see design as a part of the business community on a regional and national level.